It can be useful to associate each window element with its associated rooms.
To change the window mark numbers to match the window’s room association:
*note: It is best to be in a model view while using this tool. Some of the features of this tool will not work if you are in a sheet view.
- On the mōtus toolbar, click the Window Number button.
- Choose a selection method to renumber Doors from the dialogue box.
- All – renumber all of the windows in the project.
- Visible in view – renumber all of the windows that are visible in the active view.
- Select – manually select the windows to be renumbered.
- Choose a suffix format form the dialogue box.
- Alpha – this uses a letter suffix to handle duplicate windows (EX: 101-A, 101-B, 102-A, etc…)
- Numeric – this uses a number suffix to handle duplicate windows(EX: 101-1, 101-2, 102-1, etc…)
- Choose the suffix application.
- Skip windows that share a room – checking this checkbox will skip windows that are the only one going into a given room and apply a suffix only to the windows that go into a room with more than one door. (EX: 101, 102-A, 102-B, 103, 104, etc…)
- Click the “OK” button to finish, or if the Select method was used the user will be prompted to select the windows and click the finish button in the upper left action bar.