It can be useful to model wall finishes as separate walls.
use this tool to place walls along a room boundary, set correct finish location, and attach to the existing room bounding walls within a single command.
To create room finishes.
- On the mōtus toolbar, click the Room Finish button.
- Choose a selection method for the rooms to add finishes to from the dialogue box
- All – add finish wall to all of the rooms in the project.
- Visible in view – add finish walls to rooms that are visible in the active view
- Select – manually select the rooms that will have finish wall added to them.
- Select the wall parameters
- Wall Type – select the existing wall type to be used as the room finish.
- Height – set decimal the height of the wall finish.
- Base Offset – set the decimal base offset from level of the wall finish
- Click the “OK” button to finish, or if the Select method was used the user will be prompted to select the doors and click the finish button in the upper left action bar.
*note there have been a few errors associated with this tool assoicated to the automatic join portion of this tool. Unfortunately, it has not been consistent. If you encounter this bug, please contact us, as we are trying to investigate the problem further.